Frequently Asked Questions
- You must be 55 years of age or older
- At the time of purchase, of an Occupation Right Agreement you must be in good health
- In certain circumstances (e.g. ill health or breach of the terms of your Agreement), the Management has the option to repurchase your unit
- The purchase price of your Villa
- The Amenities Contribution
- Your own personal expenses, e.g. Power, Phone/Internet, Contents Insurance & Sky TV/Freeview
This is a fee that finances the maintenance of the Village, refurbishment cost of the inside of your Villa and repairs & maintenance of the Community Centre facilities.
It accrues at the rate of 10% per annum over three years, to a maximum of 30% of your Occupation Right Agreement.
The Amenities Contribution accrues during residency, but only becomes payable when your Occupation License fee is refunded (on the relicensing of your villa/apartment).
- Village outgoings
- Land & water rates, levies and fees payable to any Government, territorial or local authority
- Water, electricity, telephones and other utilities or services in relation to the common areas and facilities
- Villa insurance premiums and associated valuation fees
- Salaries, wages and other renumeration of persons engaged in the management and operation of the Village
- Costs of providing security, cleaning, gardening and other services for the general use and benefit of the residents
- Costs of maintenance and repair of all buildings, common areas and the Village
- Medical Alarm
- Fees and expenses of the Statutory Supervisor and Auditor
- Reasonable depreciation of chattels in common areas
Yes, if you are a keen gardener, we will do our best to cater to your requirements.
If, at a later stage, you are not able to look after your garden, Management will take over the maintenance of it.
- Security gates at the front entrance
- Bupa 24 hour monitoring. This covers Ambulance, Police or Fire
- Northern Districts Security 3 times a night, 7 days a week
- Security cameras throughout the Village
The Residents are encouraged to form their own Committee and regular meetings will be held with the Covenant Trustee Company (your representative) and Management to discuss any issues that may have arisen.
Residents are welcome at the Office anytime to discuss anything that is of concern to them.
Under the Retirement Villages Bill there is a Code of Conduct for Management and a Code of Resident's Rights.
- Tikipunga Shopping complex is only a 10 minute walk from The Palms, it includes the Medical Centre, Countdown and Pharmacy. Tikipunga Library is situated 2 minutes walking distance from the Shopping Centre. Both Mt Denby golf course and the Whangarei Waterfall are within driving distance. The Library bus regularly visits, this information is available on the Resident’s calendar.
- Whangarei Hospital
- Tikipunga Golf Course
- A variety of clubs and organisations are all close by
The Palms is ideally situated, enabling you to retain your independence even if you no longer have a vehicle.
Unfortunately there are no more sites available that have double garaging, when building your home in the village.
There are homes within the village that have double garaging, but this is only available as a re-sale.